Sunday, October 09, 2016

Coffeeneuring 2016 Ride 1 - BP at US 1 and Levering Ave

I have decided to attempt the Coffeeneuring Challenge!

I gather from the Coffeeneuring link above that this might often be about having a scenic ride on a beautiful bike trail to a quaint and charming cafe, where you imbibe some exotic coffee-based concoction.

I've decided to do my own theme, which might not be like that. My theme is going to be "Commuting to Work in the Route 1 Corridor."

We will start off with the BP gas station at US 1 and Levering Ave. in lower Elkridge. October 7.


What's nice about this coffee stop is it is 100% all downhill from my house, which is very nice when you have not had your coffee yet.

Other amenities of this location are a sidewalk you can sit on out front while you drink your coffee, which is sheltered from any rain. They only charge $1.16 for putting coffee in your own container. My coffee drink was "coffee". I had a blueberry pastry to go with it. 

This is also an excellent stop if you are going between the BWI trail and the Grist Mill Trail in Patapsco State Park since you will ride right by it.

The total mileage for the ride was 12.0 miles, which is 1.6 miles longer than my typical commute.




I felt invigorated by my coffee!


Here is a picture of this coffee spot on Google Street View.

No comments: