Friday, June 22, 2018

Erie Canal Tour Day 6 - Fort Plain to Albany

We did it! Six days and about 390 miles.



The last day was 75 flat, winding miles through the river cities and towns along the Mohawk and the Hudson. We went through Canajoharie, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Schenectady, Niskayuna, Cohoes, Watervliet, and Albany. Then we got in the truck and drove home.

I think I'm more tired from the six hour drive than the bike ride.

Here is the only other picture I took on the ride, this is at the WWI memorial park in Amsterdam, where we took a break.



I was thinking about using that cannon to blow up Fort Stanwix as I munched on some pistachios.

All in all, this was a great tour. If I had done it by myself, without Max, I probably would have taken the same route and the same number of days. We are all ready for RAGBRAI.

No comments: