Wednesday, July 16, 2008

RAGBRAI Day -4: Elkridge, MD to Winnetka, IL

I am on my way to RAGBRAI.

Tuesday, I said goodbye to Debra and Max, and my garden, which I spent the weekend getting in to shape.



I picked about 5 lbs of green beans, which Debra is going to freeze, and some Okra, which I have brought here to Winnetka for my sister Kate. We had it for dinner.

I also said goodbye to my tomatoes, which are a couple weeks away from the first ripe ones.



(More garden pictures)

I packed up Debra's Element. In there are five bikes, bags for five adults, a Burley Solo child trailer, and a bag of books, toys and amusements for a two year old. There is still room for me to sleep inside.



And I did sleep in it last night, just outside of Akron. I love the Element.

I got in to my sister's in Winnetka, IL, about 2:00 pm. The drive was 750 miles. It cost $165 in gas and ~$50 in tolls.



And then it was time for me to get my butt kicked by my four year old nephew Harry at Mario Kart on the Wii.


No comments: