I started the day at a nice campground (once a KOA) where unfortunately the camp store doesn't open until 9. I'm not going to wait around all morning for coffee, so the night before, I went to the camp store before it closed and filled one of my water bottles with the cold leftover coffee from that morning.
So I'm happily reading the news on my laptop and drinking cold coffee on a not so level picnic table, and the water bottle of coffee fell over and dumped a ton of coffee all over my fancy, expensive MacBook Neo.
I quickly wiped it off with a dirty bike jersey, and it seemed to be fine, so I packed it up and went about the day.
But when I got to Sault Ste. Marie and started working on my trip update, after about 20 minutes it died. The screen went black. Which is why I'm writing this a day late on a new cheap Chromebook.
It was a very hot, brutal ride today. It got up to 88 degrees and it was pretty humid. I was pretty roasted when I got in.
And this campground, which caters to RVs, has no shade whatsoever, and no lounge area or lodge or any place like that with air conditioning.
The way to deal with this is to go take a shower in your bike clothes and let them dry while you wear them. And keep doing this until it cools down at night.
The day started great, very pleasant riding, along 40 more miles of M-28, which mostly had a huge shoulder.
The people who stay at this RV park see the ships as a feature. They like to sit and watch them and take pictures.
For some reason, Strava cropped my route, although Garmin did not. This is very weird. So here is the Strava track, which only goes until my pizza.






No comments:
Post a Comment