Thursday, September 22, 2005

Evil House of Spirits 5 - GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY

Today was the liquor board hearing. The liquor board voted 2-1 that the EHOS had sold booze to an intoxicated person. They have to pay $125 in court costs, and their choice of a $900 fine or a 9 day closure. They had to pay for a lawyer, too.

Unbelievably, one of the board members found the material on this blog unconvincing. Or maybe he believed the testimony of the EHOS that I kick old men, sic my dog on children, and run over people with my car. I am the problem. As to Mr. Cleveland, he is a nice old man, unfortunately homeless, and they bring him sandwiches and glasses of lemonade as any charitable person would.

After the verdict was read, we received a lecture on how we all have to get along and not escalate this conflict. I received a lecture on how they have a right to run their business.

I found the whole experience to be very stressful and unpleasant.

Apparently, the EHOS guys thought the part about getting along better in the future only applies to me. As soon as we left the hearing room, they were immediately in my face, especially this guy:
He said if I didn't take his picture down in three days, he would sue me. I guess he's embarrassed to have a picture of himself standing in front of his family's store making an obscene gesture posted on the Internet. I have to admit I was mistaken in yesterday's post about which guy from the EHOS called the police in a lame attempt to get me to take his picture down.

Since they all started yelling at me while we were waiting for the elevators, I ducked into the stairwell and took the stairs.

When I went to walk the dog, they were all in my face again when I tried to cross the street by their store. I said nothing and kept walking.

I hope this all cools down. It will be great if Mr. Cleveland never reappears and the EHOS guys ignore me as I intend to ignore them.

No comments: