Sunday, March 08, 2009

Tomatoes are planted

Here is the list of varieties for this year:

White tomesol
Green Moldovan
Aunt Ruby's
Green zebra
Orange flesh purple smudge
Anana's noir
Djena Lee's golden
Yellow brandywine
Big rainbow
Hillbilly
Kellog's breakfast
Amana orange
Hank
Oxheart
Mortgage lifter
Granny Cantrell's German red/pink
Brandywine (Suddith's)
Cherokee purple
Purple Calabash
Black Krim
Carbon
Black seaman
Amish Paste

I realize 23 kinds is totally excessive, but I had all these seeds from last year in the drawer so I thought I'd plant them and see if they come up. I have 144 little peat starter pots of tomatos, 6 pots of each kind, except for the Amish paste tomatos, where I planted 12. I'll probably plant 30 plants of regular tomatoes, and 6 paste.

I also planted 24 pots each of broccoli, cauliflower and celery.

No comments: